CityWell Devotional – Sunday May 29, 2022
As we take some time to rest and reflect this Sunday, we will not have a worship service. You are encouraged to take some individual quiet time or gather as a group in fellowship.
In the midst of all the violence that is happening in our nation and around the world, I was struck by the comments of a mother who lost her dear daughter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting almost 10 years ago: “What good are our thoughts and prayers if they have no action behind them? The scripture tells us, faith without works is dead!”
As a nation we can do something to change the violence that we are experiencing. As the church, we have a responsibility to do something in addition to praying. As we end our time in the book of Revelation let us ask the Holy Spirit to speak, and give us ears to hear and to act accordingly.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom and guidance.
- If you completed or did some of the Revelation challenge, go back through your notes. What were some of the questions, insights, comments you wrote down? What did you learn from reading the book of Revelation? What questions do you still have?
- If you were not able to do the Revelation challenge: Read Revelation chapter 1-3. What does this mean to you? The Spirit is speaking, how do you listen? What does this mean for the church universal?
- For everyone, how is the Holy Spirit empowering you in your life as a follower of Jesus Christ. What ways are you being challenged to live more boldly for Jesus? How can you more deeply participate in life with Christ and with the church?
- Pray for continued wisdom and guidance that you will be moved to action to fulfill God’s plan for your life.