We rejoice that we can safely return to our Sanctuary to worship the Lord and to fellowship with one another. This time has been a challenge as we have navigated the effects of intersecting pandemics, COVID-19, racism, and political unrest. As the body of Christ we have continued to worship, to do the work of the Lord and to faithfully continue in ministry to the world. We now turn to a new season, with a new normal, as we all are still navigating all that is different in our world. We ask for us to each extend grace as we receive it in this season. May the same God who breathed breath into the dry bones through the prophetic ministry of Ezekiel, breath on us today.
As we navigate our new normal, here are few details to keep in mind:
- We will hold in-person worship services with the option to livestream on Zoom. In person worshippers are required to mask while in the building.
- We will not have a worship service (in person or virtual) on the fifth Sunday of the month to continue our rhythmic practice of Sabbath and rest.
- We will not have advance signups/ registration for worship, unless numbers become an issue.
- We will provide disposable masks and hand sanitizer.
- The Panera Bread ministry is suspended.
- There will be a new orientation of the seating in the church Sanctuary to accommodate more rows and spacing as well as the acoustics sensibilities of the building.
- Masking is required for all adults and children 5 and up when inside regardless of vaccination status. (Younger may certainly wear them as well if they are capable.)
- We encourage people who are sick (with anything), have been exposed to someone who is sick (especially with Covid), have or live with people who are immunocompromised or are unvaccinated to take advantage of our live stream option instead of attending in person.
- As we have decided to require masking, we are comfortably having music in the service with congregational singing.
- The default expectation is to not hug, shake hands, or touch anyone without consent. This is a form of welcome, which is one of our covenant practices, and is a best practice going forward regardless of the pandemic. We want to ensure that all are honored in their personhood and consent helps to facilitate this value.
If there are any questions/ concerns/ feedback, as always, please email us at [email protected].