We rejoice that we will return in our Sanctuary to worship the Lord and to fellowship with one another. This time has been a challenge as we have navigated the effects of intersecting pandemics, COVID-19, racism, and political unrest. As the body of Christ we have continued to worship, to do the work of the Lord and to faithfully continue in ministry to the world. We now turn to a new season, with a new normal, as we all are still navigating all that is different in our world. We ask for us to each extend grace as we receive it in these days, weeks and months ahead. May the same God who breathed breath into the dry bones through the prophetic ministry of Ezekiel, breath on us in this season.
As we return to in person worship on August 1, 2021 here is some information to take into account:
- We will not have advance signups/ registration for worship, unless numbers become an issue.
- We will provide disposable masks and hand sanitizer.
- CityKids or CityBabies is suspended until further notice. We know this is an inconvenience for our families with younger children, but we want to be able to provide this ministry safely and ensure everyone is protected. Please attend our parents zoom information session on August 4th.
Topic: Parent MeetingTime: Aug 4, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom MeetingMeeting ID: 958 4253 8596Passcode: t1dX8n
- Our children’s minister has prepared activity packets that will be handed out in worship for the children to work during the service.
- The Panera Bread ministry is suspended.
- There will be a new orientation of the seating in the church Sanctuary to accommodate more rows and spacing as well as the acoustics sensibilities of the building.
- We encourage family/friend pod groups to sit together and then leave spacing between themselves and the next pod group.
- Masking is required for all adults and children 5 and up when inside regardless of vaccination status. (Younger may certainly wear them as well if they are capable.)
- We encourage people who are sick (with anything), have been exposed to someone who is sick (especially with Covid), have or live with people who are immunocompromised or are unvaccinated to take advantage of our live stream option instead of attending in person.
- As we have decided to require masking, we are comfortably having music in the service with congregational singing.
- Communion will look different, more instructions will be offered during the worship service.
- The default expectation is to not hug, shake hands, or touch anyone without consent. This is a form of welcome, which is one of our covenant practices, and is a best practice going forward regardless of the pandemic. We want to ensure that all are honored in their personhood and consent helps to facilitate this value.
If there are any questions/ concerns/ feedback, as always, please email us at [email protected].
More to come….